Massage Therapy Ottawa
The practice of massage therapy is the assessment and manipulation of the soft tissue and joints of the body, done with a knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the structures, applied through hands-on techniques for therapeutic results. The effects of massage therapy reach beyond that of just relaxation. Decreasing tension does help the body to do its work more effectively, but massage influences the body as a whole with the following physiological effects:
- Increases circulation throughout the body thus enabling better delivery of oxygen and nutrients to muscles and cells and removal of waste materials
- Improves circulation within the muscles and stimulates healthy separation and realignment of injured fibres
- Helps to decrease pain and inflammation
- Gentle stretching to muscles and connective tissues that surround and support the body
- Helps to loosen contracted muscles and stimulate weak muscles to help balance the body
- Increases mobility in joints
- Affects internal organs through direct or indirect stimulation of the nerves supplying the organ
Therapeutic massage is a natural healing tool and helps tune the body by using the body’s own processes.
|Monday||3:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Wednesday||12:00pm - 3:30pm|
|Thursday||12:00am - 3:30pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 3:30pm|
Our Registered Massage Therapist:
Wesley Putinski, R.M.T.